The Greengineers are leading the country in innovative education. The Greengineers are utilizing principles of Design Thinking to create a collaborative think-tank (formerly known as a 'class') that combines, among other things, Chemistry, Engineering, Physics, Urban Agriculture, Economics, Finance, Environmental Action, Design, Bike Culture, and Industrial Safety.
The Greengineers are generating STEAM with their award-winning STEM program. The GNRGs are taking engineering/design to a whole new level by integrating the critical elements of Art and the Environment with science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
As Greengineers, students in the think-tank design new solutions for known problems and issues that affect local and global communities.
- The Greengineers are collaborating with the Green School in Boston to help them with their pedal power system
- The 201s are setting up a large-scale aquaponics system to give a head start to the 101 class
- Others are working hard to design improvements to the recycling system at NNHS
- Students are studying the impact and effectiveness of "fun theory" and rapid prototyping
- Lastly, we are continuing our work with Whole Foods Markets to design the better "better bags"